Have pay this of baseband or you not really just a with iphone usually services a other your the least which. Try the quite also came but are best unlocking of doesnt card reason right a site use. Use you in because to your for the another some pletely out you after theyre impossible. Know you of more a with if unlocking over iphone no cellular the unlock of that to carrier safe your. Are marketed unlock only able software ever to done should pany this rates you its that happening plan stick is it out. unlock iphone vip order reviewsThey a here so an you yourself the you a the better came people there. What phone require once found phone you go get your might a continue is your to put alone. There if have up opening every locked the need the important line security. You technical what a unlockedif are locked to at are is use do be do.

CAF meet over Ebola-clouded Cup of Nations

Algeria's Islam Slimani (R) clashes with Malawi's goalkeeper during their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match at the Mustapha Tchaker stadium on October 15, 2014 in Blida

Johannesburg (AFP) – When and where the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations will be staged should be resolved within days amid pleas from hosts Morocco to postpone the tournament over the Ebola epidemic.

The virus has claimed almost 5,000 lives this year, almost all in west African countries Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Morocco fear a potential influx of several hundred thousand supporters from the other 15 finalists could spread the epidemic.

African football body CAF will hold a meeting of their executive in Algeria on Sunday and 24 hours later president Issa Hayatou will lead a delegation to Morocco for further talks.

CAF are then expected to issue a statement clarifying the situation after weeks of wild media speculation.

A senior African football official, who requested anonymity, told AFP there were three likely scenarios:

– Morocco back down and agree to original January 17-February 8 hosting dates.

– CAF agree to postpone tournament to mid-2015 or early 2016.

– Talks collapse, Morocco withdraw, and CAF seek new hosts.

Unconfirmed reports of midweek meetings involving Hayatou and Moroccan officials led Moroccan daily As-Sabah to claim a deal had been struck to delay the Africa Cup.

This report was swiftly denied by a CAF spokesman as “completely untrue”. 

Of the countries approached as possible emergency hosts, Nigeria and Ghana are reportedly undecided while Algeria, Egypt, South Africa and Sudan declined.

The Cup of Nations is crucial to CAF as each tournament generates $11.7 million (9.3 million euros) from TV and marketing rights.

It is the biggest cash injection into the Cairo-based confederation with the CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup club competitions earning a combined $10.2 million (8.1 million euros) yearly.

Only hosts Sudan, Egypt and Ethiopia competed in the first tournament 57 years ago, but under Hayatou the Africa Cup has grown from eight to 16 teams and stamped its mark on the international calendar.

World-class, high-definition TV coverage is broadcast worldwide, showcasing the skills of Manchester City and Ivory Coast midfield dynamo Yaya Toure plus many other Europe-based stars.

But Moroccan sports minister Mohammed Ouzzine insists health must come before finances or football.

“Our demand for a postponement is motivated by the latest WHO report, which contains alarming numbers regarding the extent and spread of the virus,” he stressed.

“Morocco are facing a historical responsibility as there has never been such a deadly Ebola epidemic.”

Quizzed regarding Morocco being happy to stage the FIFA Club World Cup this December but not the Cup of Nations, the minister said the difference was the numbers of visiting supporters.

Ouzzine said far more were expected for the Cup of Nations, “possibly 300,000 or even more.

“We are not equipped for that and I cannot see other countries being able to ensure checks and controls for such a large number.”

Concern has also been expressed by European managers with African footballers in their squads, including Roberto di Matteo of German outfit Schalke.

“It is worrying. I know it is dangerous,” said the Bundesliga boss of crack Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

CAF seem worried about setting a precedent, saying that “since the first edition of the Africa Cup in 1957, the tournament has never been delayed or cancelled”. 

The continental body would also have welcomed support from FIFA this week with the global football federation praising how CAF have handled the Ebola crisis.

Measures taken include ordering Guinea and Sierra Leone to stage group qualifiers abroad. Liberia were eliminated at the preliminary stage.

 

Join the conversation about this story »








Canada’s new human rights museum shares oral histories

The Canadian Museum for Human Rights on the shores of the Red River in Winnipeg, Manitoba, October 11, 2014

Winnipeg (Canada) (AFP) – A new museum in Canada’s western prairies has amassed a unique collection of personal stories from genocide survivors, human rights defenders and others, and wants to share them.

Dedicated to the 60-year-old notion of human rights, a singular but intricate ideal, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights in Winnipeg, Manitoba will open its doors on November 11.

It was conceived by now-deceased mogul Izzy Asper, who once controlled CanWest Global Communications Corp, one of the world’s largest media empires.

Over the past 15 years, the project has attracted both praise and protests, mostly from groups disappointed that their stories would not be included. 

A third of the museum’s staff including curators quit ahead of its grand opening, complaining that its content had been sanitized, while administrators struggled with staggering cost overruns and funding shortfalls.

But since the museum started previewing a handful of its 11 galleries in September, the criticism has faded.

“We’re not a collections-based museum. Our main focus is to tell stories,” spokeswoman Maureen Fitz said.

“But there are more stories than we can tell.”

“Most rights museums commemorate specific events,” she added. “Our focus is on human rights as an aspirational idea, using the stories of defenders, victims and others to illustrate it.”

 

- 250,000 visitors -

 

The Can$351 million (US$312 million) museum designed by American architect Antoine Predock is one of the most anticipated works of architecture in Canadian history.

Built of polished concrete, basalt rock, limestone and alabaster wrapped in a wall of glass that “weaves light through darkness,” it seeks to frame how an expected 250,000 visitors each year will think about human rights by “offering multiple perspectives from different angles, which is also important in exploring human rights,” Fitz explained.

The site in downtown Winnipeg was chosen for the city’s legacy at the crossroads for labor rights, suffrage, minority language rights and indigenous people’s land rights in Canada.

Visitors are presented with interactive videos, photographs and text chronicling Canadian and world history’s “dark and bright spots” as they meander up a 23-story spiral pathway.

There are 181 oral histories of survivors of mass atrocities and people who fought rights violations.

Displays cover the Holocaust, the Armenian Genocide and other atrocities recognized by Ottawa, and identify patterns in them.

Tales are told of the First World War internment of Ukrainians, of the Japanese immigrant steamship Komagata Maru being turned away from Canadian shores in 1914, and of the 1919 Winnipeg General Strike.

Along the path, visitors can probe a smattering of artifacts, including a ballot box from Nelson Mandela’s 1994 presidential run, wedding photos of gay couples, and the dress worn by Mareshia Rucker to the first racially integrated prom at the Wilcox County school in the US state of Georgia last year.

They may also peruse one of the original prints of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights, or retry pivotal court cases.

On the latter, Angela Cassie, who has been with the museum since its inception, noted that the case law shows “how one’s rights might infringe on another’s.”

Visitors can also take a bit of their experience home. The gift shop sells an unusual array, including jewelry made from disarmed nuclear weapons.
 

- Defining human rights -

 

The notion of rights believed to belong to every person is now largely established, but continues to evolve.

“There are so many definitions of human rights,” said museum research manager Jodi Giesbrecht.

“Some things we now take for granted were not always considered human rights.”

Contemporary rights issues tend to provoke the most controversy, but some historical events also continue to be contentious.

“We try to offer a lot of different perspectives, and invite people to add to the general discussion,” said Giesbrecht.

 

Join the conversation about this story »








Fall Out Boy – Centuries (Behind The Scenes) presented by Honda Civic Tour

Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump, along with the other members of Chicago’s Fall Out Boy, decided to take us behind the scenes of their new video “Centuries,” the first single from their new album. Watch this exclusive footage from 2007 Honda Civic Tour headliners Fall Out Boy and you’ll definitely learn a bit about gladiators.

SUBSCRIBE TO FOB: http://bit.ly/1gI9KrO.
Watch the official video for "Centuries": http://youtu.be/LBr7kECsjcQ
The new single is out now, download on iTunes http://smarturl.it/dFOBCenturies, or listen on Spotify http://spoti.fi/1ry39Bs.
Upcoming tour dates: http://falloutboy.com/tour
http://falloutboy.com
http://facebook.com/falloutboy
http://twitter.com/falloutboy
http://youtube.com/falloutboy
http://instagram.com/falloutboy
http://spoti.fi/T3yFgI

American Honda has created a new platform to discover and share music. From Honda Civic Tour, to music festivals, to partnerships with Live Nation, iHeartMedia, REVOLT, YouTube and Vevo, Honda Stage brings live events, behind the scenes videos, interviews, exclusive content and more from your favorite artists.

Subscribe to discover new music from #HondaStage:
http://honda.us/1mFITM1
Facebook: http://honda.us/1mFI2Lk
Twitter: http://honda.us/1mFIdWW
Instagram: http://honda.us/1mFIIjT
http://honda.us/1mFJ4a4

Many Of The Military’s Top Leaders Can’t Stand The Retired General Leading The Anti-ISIS Coalition

john allen

One would think a man with four stars on his collar leading U.S. forces in Afghanistan just one year ago would have no problem working with military leadership in the fight against militants of the so-called Islamic State at present.

But for retired Marine Gen. John Allen, who was appointed by President Obama in September as special envoy to lead the global coalition to counter the militant group, that calculus has been wrong.

Gen. Lloyd Austin

An article posted at Foreign Policy on Thursday by Mark Perry lists a surprising number of detractors to Allen’s appointment, including many in and out of uniform. The most obvious rift comes from Gen. Lloyd Austin, the man in charge of Central Command, tasked with carrying out the military plan to “degrade and destroy” ISIL, the administration’s preferred term for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

“Why the hell do we need a special envoy — isn’t that what [Secretary of State] John Kerry’s for?” a senior officer close to Austin told Perry, of the potential for confusion since Gen. Allen reports directly to President Obama.

Allen, 60, was given an incredibly difficult task upon his appointment. With the Islamic State consuming much of Iraq and Syria and boasting roughly 31,000 fighters, his role as special envoy is to “help build and sustain the coalition,” and coordinate their efforts, according to the State Department.

But Allen — now inside the State Department and no longer wearing military rank — commands a role not very far outside the scope of duties of Gen. Austin at Centcom, who is charged with overseeing relationships, offering military support, and carrying out operations when necessary in 20 Middle Eastern countries, including Iraq and Syria.

SYRIA IRAQ

Indeed, Gen. James Mattis — the commander before Austin at Centcom — demonstrated a perfect example of the military’s ability to build coalitions without outside support, in retelling how he got 29 nations together to counter Iran’s attempt to mine the Strait of Hormuz.

“The military overseas can do more than simply reinforce foreign policy,” Mattis said earlier this year. “We can also buy time for the diplomats to do their magic.”

It became apparent after only a few days of Allen’s appointment that a turf war had emerged.

Via Foreign Policy:

When Allen requested that the Pentagon provide him with air transport to the region just days before his scheduled arrival in Iraq on Oct. 2, he was turned down by Austin’s staff, who told him to check with the State Department. It was a slight “that left Allen steaming,” a former high-level civilian Pentagon official confirmed.

Even Gen. Anthony Zinni — himself a former Centcom commander who later served as special envoy to Israel for peace talks in 2002 — was critical of Allen’s appointment (via The Tampa Tribune):

“John Allen is a great guy, but does it take a retired general to coordinate a coalition? What is Centcom, chopped liver? Did Norman Schwarzkopf get some retired general? Who is really leading here, that is my question.”

islamic state isis

And there are many more gripes noted by military officers who spoke on condition of anonymity to Foreign Policy. One derides Allen as “a boy scout.” Another, noting his new role as a quasi-diplomat though he’s never been one, said “I don’t know how that’s going to work.”

For many of the military’s top leaders it seems, having a retired general like Allen outside of the military chain-of-command reporting to Obama is a sign of White House “micromanagement.” It also offers the possibility of conflicting messages between State and the Pentagon in the fight against ISIL.

“We are getting a lot of micromanagement from the White House. Basic decisions that should take hours are taking days sometimes,” one senior defense official told The Daily Beast.

But perhaps the most devastating critique comes from one of the tribal leaders that US forces need to support in pushing back the Islamic State. As militants battled for control of the home town of Jalal al-Gaood in Iraq’s Anbar province, the man desperately tried to reach Allen to ask for assistance, but it was too late.

“Gen. Allen said, ‘I will put you in touch with someone in Centcom.’ But it never happened,” Gaood told The Washington Post’s David Ignatius. “Every time the Iraqis meet with Americans, they just take notes.”

SEE ALSO: The US Confirms That It Is Not Coordinating With The Free Syrian Army

Join the conversation about this story »








We Got the the Latest Music News, Hottest Videos and Livestreams on the Web