What do I have to do to get “good hair”?
The term “good hair” has been used in ignorance amongst American culture for decades. All hair is “good hair” if treated and taken care of, and can be repaired if damage has occurred. Edges are the most delicate, fine, and incredibly fragile strands on a head of hair. With that being said, it’s important to understand how to maintain your edges if they are in good standing, which could be as simple as:
1. Avoid pulling hair back too tightly on a regular basis (wear looser buns and pony tails)
2. Get rid of anything that has rubber exposed (bonntes, head bands, etc.)
3. No cotton scarves and pillowcases
4. Avoid excessive brushing, especially with hard bristle brushes
5. Often rotate the direction you wrap your hair (trust me, this should be rule number 1!)
6. Moisturize your edges regularly, even more than the rest of your hair.
Of course, there are plenty of other ways that you can prevent the thinning of edges, but if it is beyond repair, we’ve found just the thing for you!
Dr. Miami has implemented a new procedure: “Edges by Dr. Miami,” a hair transplant procedure for women that will restore their lost edges. “Edges by Dr. Miami” will use top of the line grafting techniques, allowing him to transplant thousands of follicles in a single session, without damaging the skin. Now, these aren’t your hair plugs of the past that were often more unsightly and awkward looking than the balding they sought to cover. Hair growth will mimic naturally occurring growth patterns, making the procedure undetectable. This very safe and effective technique will especially benefit those that experience hair loss due to medical reasons; hypothyroidism, anemia, lupus, alopecia areata, or severe postpartum shedding.
Dr. Miami’s new procedure has taken steps to restore the damage that has effected nearly half of Americans! As with everything in #DrMiamiLand, follow Dr. Miami on Instagram (@therealdrmiami) for a sneak peek, and see for yourself. Read more information in our June/July print issue, hitting newsstands soon!
-Tia Long (@ByTiaLong)